Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Jay's letter 2-28-11


(On Splits with Elder Beck, an Elder from our Stake here at home)

__________________________________
Well. This week was CRAZY WEEK. not really for the best reason either. i will write the feo stuff first and the the good stuff (: que dice? bueno.

well, let me be blunt on this part. my comp got sent home this week. heres the low down. i was not really supposed to say anything until it was all said and done, but yeah. this whole transfer he has been crazy with the rules. he is definitly a disobedient elder and this transfer has been frustrating. the main problem was him and another hermana. the have been exchanging pictures, lettters, calling and all sorts of crap. i was tricked to be quite frank. i called the pres. and he told me to wip him into shape, which i did. (: i just got face to face with him when we saw the hermanas on p day and said, ¨Vamos, ahora.¨ I just didn´t let anything happen. then, he kept trying to use interenet on members phones without me knowing, but i always confronted him on the spot and said, ¨dude, porque esta siguiendo rompiendo las reglas!¨he even tried to do it in a secret and yeah. so, when we went to the offices he got sent home. then it was my turn to talk to the president and he said this to me. ¨Elder, I can´t be more pleased with any other missionary, than I am with you right now.¨ that´s all he said and then he sent him to go pack. it was really sad that he chose to do those kind of things and go that way, but thats his choice. I learned a lot about me, and how to handle crazy situations. I also learned how much obedience pays off. CRAZY week. but, yeah....want good news?!?!? (:

We found some GREAT people to teach this last week. The Familia Adasme (who live in this crazy poor hosue, it´s awesome) and Maria CasaNova. Great people (: I love teaching. It´s the best. I wish I could just teach all day...but someones got to knock the door to get the people to teach. hahaha.

We had a CRAZY rainstorm! I was soaked all over and almost destroyed my docker shoes, but i think everythings ok now. I love being a missionary. i really do, I can´t believe I am already coming up on 5 months. It actually is kinda crazy. but yeah. I love doing this! My next comp is latin...soo....6 more weeks of solo spanish! wow. I hope everything is going great in the land of papas. Hahahahaha. don´t worry about my experience with my last comp. we took care of it, and i am ready to BAPTIZE. (: hahaha.
love you all! oh yeah... i finished the book of mormon this week. ITS AMAZING! no one ever told me the story of Moroni sneaking in and giving the prisoners weapon. thats like a james bond movie or something. sweet.

Elder Valle

No comments:

Post a Comment