Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Jay's letter 2-7-11

FECHAS. Thats what this week was all about. We found a ton of new people to teach and we got a ton of people comitted to baptism. It´s awesome. They said they will only do it if God gives them an answer that this church has the right authority and that Joseph Smith was an actual profeta. So, I am praying hardcore that they will say the prayer and ask God. It kills me to see these people get so close to baptism and tell us they are too busy to prayer. If they would just pray and be sincere, there are a ton of blessing. All I can do is prayer and be the best teacher I can be. We set 12 fechas in one week. WHAT?!? Ah, so bomb! I saw this lady and her daugher carrying Wal Mart bags uphill to her house one day. I ran up to her and asked her to carry her bags to her house. She lived kinda far. We carried them up and talked. She invited us into her house. They are SOOO cool and I know the Lord helped us run into them at that moment. I know for sure, that it was not a coincidence. We came back another day un announced and taught about baptism. They all have fechas and want to come to church. I have so much faith in them right now. I love this work (:

I was on the news this week in Argenitina. We were in downtown Mendoza. There are two HUGE soccer teams here named River and Boca. Please ask Harisson and ask him if he has heard of them and tell me what he says. But yeah, they were selling tickets down town and we happened to be in the middle of it all. The news ran up to me and started interviewing me asking me how I think the game will turn out. They talked really fast. I am going to send you a picture my comp took. It was crazy.

Things are going good down here. We made the horchata. It was alright. It tasted funny and it was missing algo. Pero, no pude everiguar que paso. Asi que, lo bebimos. Era...uhm...medio rico. Hahaha. We had to use the cloth bag that hold my sheets to strain it. Hahaha.

Have a great week everyone!

Elder Valle

1 comment:

  1. Apparently the word pray and prayer are confusing to him... I want to see that news clip!

    ReplyDelete