Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Jay's letter 1-17-11

Hey Family

Last week of the transfer! My Week. Highlight of the week. I met the prophet! Ok, here is the story. We were walking down in central at like 9. We saw this guy smoking on the back of his truck and we decided to go talk to him. We tried to talk and he would always stop us and say..Espere, voy a enseƱarles algo nuevo....and we were like, ok sweet! And he was just saying all this weird doctirine sutff but he seemed to know a ton about the Bible! So we finally asked him if he was a pastor or something, and he said Oh, no. Ahora, soy un profeta! So then it all clicked. Then he gave me a book mark (: So yeah, we met the prohpet. Hahaha. Ok.
We went to go celebrate two baptisms we had and we went to this expensive ice cream place. we took our ice cream home and we realized that about halfway through eating it that it had alcohol. Both our tounges had this weird numbish feeling and we were not really tasting what we usually taste in ice cream. So yeah. I love accidentaly breaking La Palabra De Sabiduria on the mission. Hahaha. NOT.

We got in this battle with a Testigo de Jehova on the corner. He wouldnt let us talk, kinda like when we talked with the prophet guy. It wasnt really a battle, but lets just say he knows the Bible like the back of his hands! Whew! It was crazy. Im going to go study the Biblia a little mejor now.

We had geneology night at the church the other night.
We had to dress up like our ancestors. And we found out like 20 minutes before. So I put my costume together super fast. I have pictures of me as a Peruvian to come (: And my comp as an English Soldier.

I was going to have my first baptism this week, but the dad came to the moms house and took the kids shopping in Mendoza. AH! Freaking father. He is not a member but the mom is. The kids know the gospel soooo well too. The boy of like 12 years was explaning to jospeh smith story in crazy good detail and even went on about the hill cumorah and how Jose Smith would go back every year to talk with the angel and everything. I might leave the area this transfer and never get to see their baptism but I am trying to learn what God would have me learn from this experience (:

Mosiah 3:16. Beautiful Scripture that I just barely found.

The trantula. Maybe it was real, maybe it was fake (: Love you Mom.

And thanks for teaching me to work hard. Thanks for being a good Mom and always making me do the thngs that were right even if was a snobby teenager. You are a good Mom. (: I love you.
And the rest of the Family, you too!

Haha, Chow Chow.
Elder Valle

3 comments:

  1. I never saw the pics in Jay's email! Alcoholic ice cream. I swear that kid might need to study the rules a little more just so he can't 'accidentally' do so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the what? Alcoholic ice cream? I've never heard of such a thing and I tried some weird kinds in Italy (gorgonzola cheese).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good letter. Glad he likes Mosiah 3:16 :-) He looks great in his picture. Makes me so happy he loves his mother...and sees the work she has done for him.

    ReplyDelete