Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jay's Letter 1-10-11

Hey Family!
Things going good down here in Maipu. Hahahaha.
My week.
Well, it is suppppppper hot and it rained a lot! Humid and hot. Mmmmm. Perfect. NOT. But I still love the work and sometimes it is fun to be miserable in the rain like that. I don´t know why. Anyways. It rained and I got to use my rain jacket baby! First time. I also got my first hair cut in the field. It was really expensive and it took like five minutes. It kinda sucks and I look like a dweençb but thats all. Haha.

We did a service project at a wood shop this week. It was super fun and I have never seen so much saw dust in my life. Thanks mom and dad for making me work hard so I knew how to clean that shop up super fast.

On wednesday morning I found a cat on my desk.

I made this really yummy pastry thing for a Noche De Hogar que tuvimos con la Familia Castro. It was como, a sweet bread with Oreo Pudding in the middle, rolled up with dulce de leche on top. Ooh, que rico. Yo se it sounds kinda gross probably to you guys, but it was soo good. Definitly doing that again!
I got the Christmas card! Hahaha. Thanks for telling the world I struggled with Spanish Mom. lol, jk. I loved it! I look fat in the picture...or maybe I am fat. I also got a Christmas package from this misterious person from nampa named gretude hutel or something. It was super nice of her, but...I have no idea who she is. THANKS GRETUDE (: (the chocolate was awesome!)
We found these two kids who are way way ready for baptism. When we asked the 13 year old boy (menos activa family), if he wanted to be baptized, he said... Well, Of course, I have been preparing since I was 7! Hahaha, and the girl asked if she had to be baptized to serve a mission. We were like....what!? It was awesome. Baptism soon.
We had the baptism of Ricardo and Alexandria this week. I didn´t baptize any. Ricardos was done by a younger man in the ward and Alexandria by her Father. Good Baptism (: (:

We have been teaching Viviana who is more than ready for baptism. Every investiagador has questions or things they don´t like about the church. She said she had only one thing about going to church she didn´t like. So, we braced our selves and we of course, willing to help her out. She then started to tell us that she didnt like the Hymns of the church. Hahahaha. It was so minor I wanted to laugh. I hope hymns doesnt keep anyone from getting baptized, Haha. But we explained, the Church and the Gospel Teachings are perfect, but the people are not. They hymns arent all the catchy ( I think so though), but no one is perfefct and we like to reverent. Haha, it was kinda funny.

We cleaned the baptismal font. That was the last we are leaving the font full for over three weeks without draining it. (not my fault though).

Has anyone seen the show Topo Gigio. Hahaha, funnies show I have ever seen! So funny.

With love from Argentina,
Elder Valle

(look on his shoulder-taratula!)

No comments:

Post a Comment