Thursday, January 6, 2011

Jay's letter 1-3-11

Wow. 2011 Baby. One more year to live and then the world ends. Hahaha. Crazy. But Awesome. Lets see, I have a list of things to talk about so here we go, it might be a bit random but bear with me on this one.

So, why did´nt I ever listen to Enya? Her music is so amazing. A member was playing her music in her house during lunch one time and it was amazing! I am defintily buying an Enya CD when I return. Oh, and mom, we can listen to music here so I hate to be a beggar but If you could send me my William Joseph CD and maybe Josh Groban one? I would love you forever. Maybe another appropriate MOTAB cd you can think of. A fun one (: That is all I am asking for in this letter. OK. I´m good. But yeah, I just really want music. It gets quiet in the pench.

Happy New Years everyone! It was quite the crazy new years! We went to a member house to have an asado and then it started raining like none other and it was just insane! We could walk home and the streets flooded and we were stuck at a members house until like 12:10 before he could get his car which was still kinda crazy to drive in. And then when we finally got home, these kids were throwing fireworks at our door. Argentine fireworks are like bombs. Soooo illegal in the states. But their are way to loud and definitly too peligroso for ninos. Freaking crazy. But something good to remember. So yeah, it´s 2011 and I´m excited to see what it brings (:

Our investigador Jorge is gone. He was never progressing and yeah, we figured out he had some problems and so, it was cool to teach him, but if you remember him, yeah, he´s gone. But it happens (:

Again I can never really think of what to write. One thing that I am sure that I have said before is that there is always like a ton of food and the members just shove it out in front of us. I think the think I can eat a cow. I can barely eat a plate and it´s so annoying. Because they will ask me if I like the food and I do, but I just can´t eat it. And that´s how you show you like food here. By eating a lot. So, yeah. Hahaha. Speaking of FOOD. My whole zone went to a PERUVIAN resteraunt today. It was great! Of course I got Papas a la HaunCaina or something like that. Holy! They were spicy. I also got a Peruvian Tamale. It was sooo good, but of course they stick green olives in everything. And for some reason they didnt have Inca Kola, but there we pictures and advertisments for it everywhere in the resteraunt. Everyone liked it. A lot of people had arroz con Pollo and I was really close to ordering Lomo but it´s all good. I love Peruvian food.

I´m still translating Justin Bieber songs for people. It´s really weird what he is saying one you actually translate it. Haha.

Anyways. It´s hot down here like always! Pictures are ont working today. ): Oh well. I am doing great! I love you all!!!

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment