Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Baile

Thanks for all of the encouragement about my blogging! You'd think I was learning to ride a bike-Ha! Ok, Garity. Now you shouldn't have mentioned (tempted me) about going to see Ballet Folklorico there. I've only seen videos of the group that Amalia Hernandez started there but our director has been and she said she cried through the whole thing too. I've always wanted to....hmmmm.........What a dream that would be! I'm taking an adult class from her and have always respected how hard it was, but when you feel the pain yourself...you know. The skirtwork you asked about is called "faldeo" and it is wicked harder than it looks--owie arms!! My camera didn't capture it as good as others. One of my friends from the group emailed all of us about a link she found about one of the athletes we danced with yesterday. It says he likes music and dancing....well yes indeed he does!

More about the boy who stole the show yesterday...I am still giddy thinking about how cool it was!
Here is a link to the boy who joined the troupe yesterday. Thought you'd like to see it.

2 comments:

  1. Now you get the fun of having Garity comment. She is the best for that! If you ask her she'll even add you to the Famn Damily list on their blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,

    I am just now checking out your "clog"....I'll do more bloging once I get my "durn" cataracts taken care of ....Yep...it happened to me. I have 20/60 vision in my left eye ...with glasses....and the light and stuff really bothers me after I'm on the pc for a while. Headaches also. But watch out when I get both of them done!!!! Actually I'm really looking forward to it. I love the art work on your clog/blog....and glad Erin got you going. Of all people.....you need this...you will be te bestest in the west!!! And Holly is right....Garity if so much fun on the blogging. Being on her "Famn Damily" list is an honor!! Love ya! mom

    ReplyDelete