Tuesday, June 12, 2012

6-4-12


Transfers: Elder Valle leaves to Zone San Rafael as Zone Leader to be companions with Elder Gonzalez. San Rafael is about 4 hours away from the mission offiices in Mendoza. Lejos! I am bittersweet. I definitly wanted to stay another transfer in Santa Ana....and be here in GuaymallĂ©n. Ug. I mainly love the members here...the bishop and especially the converts obviously. I am not looking forward to packing up, but i mean, it´s cool. Elder Gonzalez is a cool Elder. We were in the sam zone together when I was back in La Punta. Cool. I travel this Wednesday morning super early on a bus. Should be good. This week Walter recieved the priesthood. It was an amazing experience. The stake president was visiting our ward and so he was interviewed on Saturday to get it on Sunday. We were in the room with the bishop and Vanessa (walters wife) the ordenation was awesome. When he finished he got up and kissed his wife. I love how the gospel brings couples together. It´s amazing. They looked so happy...and whenever they feel the spirit and pray, they start holding hands. oh yeah! anyways, he shook the hands of president and bishopa and then came to me and hugged me, and right when i was going to let go of the hug, he kinda held on for a little bit. for a littl while, then he stepped back, looked at me through his tears and then did the same thing to my comp. it was super sick! oh man. super spiritual and amazing experience i was able to be a part of. I will always be in debt to my Heavenly Father for these experiences. We talked to them about temples this week and showed them on their laptop, a ton of pictures of the temple that were on the church website. they were like...wow!!! they are so funny. they said the were going to call pres.avila to make sure we both stayed. anyways, we are having dinner together tuesday, the night before i leave. should be a good despedida. love those guys too much. hna. cabrera also sent me photos of the family at the temple but it didn´t get through and it´s not working so, hopefully i can get them before i leave. you could probably find them on facebook some where. look up her name, claudia cabrera. anyways, i was really bummed and still am to leave my area, but i only want to go where the lord sends me. that will be the best area. san rafael is supposed to be really pretty too...so i am rather excited. i have to go buy new luggage...so heads up on the back account. haha. also, we met a new investigator named Salvador....haha, Savior. Cool name. he is old style bread maker and has little school filed trips come see his oven. its made of bricks and it´s huge! you could fit people in there! a little creepy! anyways...he has huge shovel things to take the bread out and heats it up with fire. he can cook over 700 empanadas at a time and cook 90 kilos of bread a day in the that thing. and one kilo is quite a bit! imagine that. he is a great guy, for sure to get close to baptism, but i have no idea what will happen. we also had a great meeting with you district leaders this sunday. we got them excited about trying to baptize 10 in one month this month and it worked great. i am starting to feel like an effective leader now. anwyays, it has been a great week. hey, mom....could you do a huge favor and send me velocity face cleaner? that would save my face. love you guys lots,
love elder valle

No comments:

Post a Comment